At Stillness Infants we encourage all children to wear school uniform. We ensure that our uniform is affordable for parents and carers, therefore we keep the use of branded items to a minimum.
Our uniform consists of:
- Grey skirt, pinafore, jogging bottoms or trousers, shorts
- Blue or yellow polo shirt, with or without school logo
- Blue or yellow sweatshirt with or without school logo, or plain blue cardigan
- Blue fleece with school logo
- Shoes, trainers, or closed-toe sandals that are fit for purpose e.g. safe for climbing and running
- Blue or yellow check summer dress
- PE kit: white T-shirt, plain black shorts, trainers
Branded items can be purchased from the school office, for example, polo shirts, sweatshirts, fleeces. Book bags are also available from school.
Second-hand uniform sales are held at school at regular intervals during the school year by ‘Friends of Stillness Infants’.
New statutory guidance from the DfE states that schools should publish their Uniform Policy on the school website. This will be available shortly.
Schools are expected to review the use of ‘branded’ items (including those carrying the school logo) to ensure these provide good value. Contracts should be retendered every 5 years.
The DfE also suggests that parents should be consulted if there is to be a change to the uniform policy and their views taken into consideration. Boards and schools are expected to have taken action by September 2022. The link to the guidance is here DfE Cost of School Uniform Guidance